Maybe it's because the weather's warming up, but I am suddenly fixated on ideas for popsicles. (Okay, it's also because I just bought a new popsicle mold to replace our old dinky one that made four baby-sized popsicles. Talk about scaling down a recipe.) I can't wait to try out a mojito version, a coconut one, maybe even a creamy coffee one... but first, I had to make something simple and tangy-sweet: strawberry lime yogurt popsicles.
Strawberry Lime Yogurt Popsicles (makes 10 popsicles, 3 oz. each*)
3 cups quartered strawberries
1/4 cup sugar (adjust based on how sweet your strawberries are)
juice of 1 large lime (2-3 tbsp)
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1. Place sliced strawberries and sugar in a ziploc bag. Using your hands, mash until the strawberries are mostly liquid. If you prefer a completely smooth texture, blend instead.
2. Transfer to a bowl and mix in lime juice.
3. Add yogurt and mix. (I stir it very gently, keeping a marbled look so that each bite has variety.)
4. Taste. Add a little sugar if too tart, or a little more yogurt if too sweet.
5. Fill the popsicle mold. Freeze until set (for me, it took about 4 hours). Briefly run the mold under hot water to loosen the popsicles.
*I use this mold.